Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Super Dad?

Marc has a t-shirt that he bought at a market in Hong Kong with a bunch of Chinese writing on it. He has no idea what it says or even if he is offending anyone. However, he has the sense to wear it in only the US where the likelihood of running into someone who can read Chinese is pretty remote.

My sister-in-law asked me the other day about how Hong Kong natives dress. Since they shop so much, one would think it would be a top-fashion city. Sadly, this is not the case. I'm sure there are some people who wear some great clothes, but for the most part, it seems the Locals just put on whatever is clean and practical for the day ahead. I can't speak for the work environment yet, but what I see while about the town makes me feel like Naomi Campbell walking amongst the commoners and Lord knows I'm not very fashion-forward.

The funniest thing about the clothes that Locals wear are the t-shirts. Like Marc's t-shirt, it is obvious they have no idea what their t-shirts say and just ignorantly put a clean one on in the morning. As I see more examples, I'll try to keep a list so I can make it a reoccurring blog topic. Thus far, I have seen the following:


1 - On a very crusty old man: "I'm Just A Love Machine"
2 - On a flat chested woman: "Wet T-Shirt Contest Winner"
3 - On a middle-aged, otherwise prim and proper gentleman: "Hot Dog" with a cartoon of a huge hot dog.
4 - On a young girl: "Super Dad"

No comments: