Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Heaven on Earth

OK, so I know that I said Shenzhen is Shopper's Mecca. However, I have found Heaven on Earth and it is LIII LIII Couture. Read this article, starting at "Catwalk": http://www.northshoremag.com/cgi-bin/ns-article?article=/travel/03-06-hongkong.html

Yes, that is right, LIII LIII is a cobbler store! No, not like peaches and blueberry but an actual shoe-maker! Messrs. Alan, Joe and Billy Chan are the craftsmen of ANY KIND OF SHOE YOU CAN IMAGINE (or not imagine). Pining over a pair of Pradas? Jonesin' for some Jimmy Choos? Craving some Channels? Salivating over a pair of Salvatore Ferragamos? Just bring in a picture of the shoe you are lusting after and one of these gods on earth will create it, just for you. Hate the bow on the side? No problem, they can put a rhinestone piece instead. Carrie Bradshaw may be able to strut on her stilettos all day long, but my calves certainly can't take that. So, I can ask for a shorter/wider/no heel.

Now, these Pièces de Résistance aren't exactly Shenzhen cheap (more like starting at $200) but when a pair of Jimmys can go for $5,000, what a bargain! Or, at least, that's what I'm telling Marc since I'm ordering my wedding shoes right now....

No comments: